Crown Point Veterans Attorney

HomeCrown Point Veterans Attorney


This post describes the VA disability appeals process for decisions issued prior to February 19, 2019. Decisions received after that date are subject to the new VA appeals process.

Crown Point Veterans Attorney

Veterans have given so much to protect our country. According to federal government data, there are nearly 4 million military veterans who are currently living with a service-connected disability in the United States. While disability benefits are available, this coverage can often be frustratingly difficult to obtain.  

At The Comerford Law Office, LLC, our Crown Point veterans attorney has the skills and experience required to help veterans navigate the complex application and appeals process. Mr. Comerford is a proud member of the National Organization of Veterans Advocates (NOVA). If you need help accessing veterans benefits in Lake County, IN, please do not hesitate to contact us today.

We Handle the Full Range of Veterans Benefits Claims

Under federal regulations, an attorney must be accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs before he or she has the authority to assist an applicant with the preparation, presentation, or appeal of their claim for VA disability benefits. Mr. Comerford is a fully accredited VA benefits lawyer serving veterans in Crown Point, Indiana. We have experience handling the full range of veteran disability cases. Some of the most common examples include:

How Our Crown Point Veterans Benefits Lawyers can Help You and Your Family

We always offer each client the personalized attention that their case deserves. Most veteran disability claims begin with the filing of the initial application form (VA Form 21-526). It is crucial that this form is properly completed and that you include all relevant medical evidence. Even relatively minor mistakes can result in lengthy delays, reduced benefits, or even in outright denials.

If you have already had your claim denied by the VA, you should contact our Crown Point veterans lawyer immediately. We will assist you with filing a Notice of Disagreement. A Notice of Disagreement (VA-Form 21-0958) is your opportunity to explain to the VA why their decision was in error. You must submit an NOD to initiate an appeal. Should you disagree with the conclusions of the second review of your claim, you will be required to escalate the appeal. This is done through the filing a form 9. VA Form 9 is used to submit a disability appeal directly to the Board of Veterans Appeals. Let our attorneys guide you through the appeals process.

Contact Our Crown Point, IN Veterans Lawyer Today

At The Comerford Law Office, LLC, we have a comprehensive understanding of difficulties and challenges veterans face in applying for disability benefits. To get help with your VA benefits claim or to get help for a loved one, please call us today at (312) 863-8572 to schedule a free consultation. We represent clients in Crown Point and throughout Lake County, Indiana.

Helping Veterans Since 2008.
You Don’t Have To Do This Alone.